New Convertible Top Treatment: New Vehicle
For new cars it is important to make sure your convertible top has received the same special attention and protection the rest of the vehicle has been provided.
- Vacuum the convertible top using an upholstery brush to pick up any loose dirt or dust.
- Wet down the top thoroughly and mist it evenly with Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner approved by the manufacturer. If necessary, the cleaner will be lightly agitated using a soft nylon brush.
- Top is rinsed thoroughly and until all residue from the cleaner dissipates.
- Allow the top to dry completely.
- Once the top is thoroughly dry, we evenly apply Ceramic Pro Textile Treatment across the entire exposed fabric surface in three light coats, allowing the product to dry between coats.
Reconditioning Convertible Top Treatment: Used Vehicle
If the convertible top is on an older vehicle or has not been appropriately cared for, the top will need to be rejuvenated before adding protection. The longer the top has gone without appropriate maintenance, the more attention it will require.
- Thoroughly vacuum the top with an upholstery brush.
- We completely wet down the top and spray it with a cleaner approved by the manufacturer. If the top is heavily soiled, this process might need to be repeated with agitation.
- Top is rinsed thoroughly until all residue from the cleaner dissipates.
- After cleaning top is dried completely.
- 4 even Coats of Ceramic Pro Textile is applied to top with dry time in between coats.